TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- May supervise others.
- 5+ years of experience in an Oracle Database Administrator role.
- Experience with Oracle 12
- Knowledge/experience with data warehouse concepts
- Experience with RedHat Linux
- Experience with PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures
- Ability to obtain relevant Oracle certification within 90 days
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
- Must possess a current CompTia S+ Certification.