TCI has an immediate need for a Electrical Engineer – DSP & Communications Engineer in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity with intent to hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Palm Bay, FL. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Electrical Engineer – DSP & Communications Engineer will work closely with the engineering teams through design, implementation, integration, and testing the signal processing and communication implementation and performances; support the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
- Work independently and has strong technical leadership to lead a team of designers in implementing the signal processing firmware and SW design solutions.
- Understand system requirements; capable to work with the System Engineer and to flow down the system requirements to the DSP FW/SW levels.
- Understand the requirements and architect of HW/FW/SW protocol and subsystem communication bus protocol.
- Solid understanding of Signal Processing concepts; ability to architect signal processing firmware and software.
- Fixed-point digital math functions and implementations, floating point data structures, control theory (feedback systems and tracking).
- 8-10 years of related work experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with fixed-point digital math functions and implementations, floating point data structures, control theory (feedback systems and tracking).
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing operations and optimization (FIR filters, Up/Down sampling, convolution, correlations).
- Solid understanding of Communication theory; ability to architect Communication system; design and implement Communication modules such as different modulation schemes, AGC design and control, BER, PPL, FEC.
- Proficiency in Matlab and Python; experience with generating Signal Processing models and Communication models using Matlab or Python.
- Experience with lab integration; proficient with the use of the following types of lab test equipment: Signal Generators, Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Signal Analyzers, Noise Generators, Digital Oscilloscopes.
- Must possess an Interim or Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- Experience with OFDM and spread spectrum waveforms such as CDMA, UMTS, and LTE.
- Experience with high-speed, heavily pipelined data path designs.
- Familiarity with high-speed memory architectures such as DDR3/DDR4.
- In-depth knowledge of the C66xx/C67x architectures.
- Familiar with PCIe, SPI, SRIO, and Gigabit/10 Gigabit Ethernet protocols and interfaces.
- Experience with C/C++ and VHDL design and implementation.