TCI has an immediate need for a Junior BLAN Server Administrator in Detroit, MI. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the fourth largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation and the first largest presence in the entire Midwest.
This Junior BLAN Server Administrator position is responsible for providing operational and technical support Business LAN Desktop & Server environments. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. The position must work collaboratively with multi -disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems, and champion compliance & change efforts which result in improved reliability & security of infrastructure services.
- This is a 24/7 manufacturing environment. The candidate must be available on occasion as called upon to perform duties during off-hours as needed. Support of 24/7 Systems may require applicant to be available to respond on-site within 2 hours should problems arise.
- This position will require limited work inside the refinery process units.
- Perform server administration primarily on Windows Server/Workstation OS devices.
- Desktop Services fulfillment & Problem tracking, management, and resolution.
- Ensure desktop inventory & Software license compliance.
- Coordination and/or implementation of hardware and software; ensuring application of corporate standards.
- Perform device backups, anti-virus protection support & response, performance tuning, security additions/changes/removals, security policy management, data access controls, configuration/patch management, risk management documentation, change control administration, database administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Interactions with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house & 3rd party systems.
- Participate on ITS BLAN teams for implementing IT strategic initiatives.
- Providing subject matter expertise/consulting services.
- 1-3 years of experience in BLAN Server Admin and desk-side services Tier 2/3.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field is required.
- Experience with server administration primarily on Windows Server/Workstation OS devices.
- Windows 2008/2012 Server OS experience is required.
- MCP training and/or certifications beneficial.
- Experience with Remedy Ticketing system beneficial
- Environmental LAB support, Lab IT systems, and/or Refinery experience beneficial.
- Solid written and verbal skills, including basic project management skills.