TCI has an immediate need for a CAD Designer I in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Palm Bay, FL. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Provide CAD support to engineers and designers.
- Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation.
- Manage and control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
- Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders.
- Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool
- A Bachelor Degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience or an Associate Degree with at least 4 years of experience, or equivalent.
- Six years of experience in drafting/design experience.
- Proficient with 3D CAD tools, specifically PTC Creo Parametric, and 2D tools such as AutoCAD.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME •Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
- Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Previous experience in supporting the design of ground structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures.