TCI has an immediate need for a Business Analyst at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Secret Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus as an IT Business Analyst. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Business Analyst will work within the US Army Human Resource Command and be responsible for gathering, analyzing and managing business requirements as it relates to Information Technology projects. This team administers the Requirements Management tool suite and provides thought leadership and guidance for requirements management.
- Under minimal direction, the Business Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
- Provides upgrade and maintenance assistance when necessary, working with technical vendors and the client to plan and execute upgrades and maintenance.
- Apply extensive knowledge of the customer's business and industry to develop project specifications for new or existing systems.
- Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements and translates into proper system requirements specifications using computer-based workflow analysis and requirements tools to study work procedures, information flows and production methods.
- Provide advice on methods to improve business processes. Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Performs, or may direct, document development/preparation at various stages of a project life cycle (e.g., planning through implementation) to detail analysis results and solution recommendations. Ensure compliance with the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- May supervise analysis tasks/projects. Work closely with IT customer in gathering and analyzing user requirements.
- Provide thought leadership for Business Analyst processes; Give best practice guidance on requirements gathering and management.
- Administer the requirements management tool suite (Caliber) and host training classes as necessary.
- Provide user account maintenance.
- Upgrade and or patching expertise.
- Create and provide weekly and monthly status reporting.
- Provide daily and ad hoc reporting as requested.
- 4+ years of technical experience in applications software development projects, 2+ years as a Business Analyst.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Caliber (requirements management tool) is preferred.
- SQL query experience highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communications as well as strong client facing skills.
- Occasional weekend and after hours support may be required.
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with clearance applications and transfers.