TCI has an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer III in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity with intent to hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI with Poly.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA as a Embedded Software Engineer III. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Software Engineer responsible for the design and development of software solutions for classified systems.
- Work will involve solutions for embedded technologies.
- 6+ years with BS/BA (Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Computer Engineering or a related field) or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a polygraph required.
- Experience with software development for embedded systems.
- Understanding of SW development processes and life cycle.
- Team player able to work in a large program environment and have good communications skills.
- RTOS Experience is preferred
- 3 years with C++ programming language.
- 1 year with VxWorks, Linux, or related embedded operating systems.
- Please be aware that this position requires the candidate to currently possess a TS/SCI Security Clearance with a polygraph.