TCI has an immediate need for a Data Architect in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a direct hire opportunity.
This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The Data Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement data warehouses, data marts and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for defining data standards and models for warehouse architectures. In addition, the Data Architect will evaluate and select all infrastructure components related to Data Management such as software, hardware and database management systems.
- Evaluates and selects database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools and database design solutions.
- Produces ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the Business Intelligence (BI) system.
- Leads the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Designs databases and data warehouse to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Promotes the BI program.
- Develops business intelligence competency center (BICC).
- Facilitates system feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot project and testing.
- The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems.
- Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database.
- May participate in the planning, developing, and implementing the IT budget, and works to obtain competitive pricing from suppliers as appropriate to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Mentors and develops other IT support staff whenever possible.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and terminology.
- Maintains technical and procedure documentation on servers, service providers, desktop hardware, software, etc.
- Develops outside vendor relationships and manages service calls with outside vendors as necessary.
- Monitors and enforces license agreements using appropriate tools relative to hardware and software resources.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of and comply with all firm and departmental policies and procedures and service standards.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years prior experience in Information Systems Management in a finance/banking or securities related industry.