TCI has an immediate need for a Service Desk Support Technician II in Louisville, KY. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our client is a growth-oriented company that has earned a leadership position in the steel processing industry. Their products support a broad base of industry segments throughout North America and play a critical role in the supply chain. Our client’s success is directly due to a strong company culture based on teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and progressive IT Team!
The Service Desk Support Technician II will play a critical role in troubleshooting user problems and seeing them through to resolution while following the Incident Management life cycle and other standard support procedures.
- Provide first and second-tier hardware, software and networking support to end users for PC, thin client, server, or AS400 applications and hardware incidents.
- Diagnose problems and provide resolutions to users and Service Desk technicians as needed.
- Set up and configure IT equipment to accurately meet identified requirements.
- Interact with various IT support teams such as Network, Server, Systems Analysts and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Identify recurring problems and recommend changes to reduce user problems and/or improve end user experience.
- Monitor all tickets and service desk requests to ensure all issues are handled and resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage, organize and prioritize incidents, projects and requests.
- Perform break-fix support for PCs, laptops, desktops, and network printers.
- Assist in the development of procedures and policies that define acceptable and effective use of the desktop environment.
- Under limited supervision of the IT Manager, provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to other Service Desk Support Technicians.
- Service Desk Support partners with the business to identify and present proactive solutions that will improve productivity for the customers and better enable the business.
- 4+ years of related work experience in an IT Support role.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field is strongly preferred. Additional work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Knowledge of PC/laptop hardware, Windows Desktop operating systems and basic networking in a distributed enterprise business environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of network fundamentals (router, switch, firewall, VLAN, DHCP, and IP addressing and sub-netting).
- Thorough understanding of printer server, file server, and Active Directory operations.
- Ability to create clear and concise reports and documentation.
- Ability to provide advanced hardware troubleshooting and diagnostics for desktop, laptop and thin client computers along with associated peripheral equipment.
Experience with the following strongly desired:
- Service Now
- Mobile Iron
- Windows Imaging
- Terminal Services
- Microsoft Office 365 products
- Thin client support