TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator in Louisville, KY. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our client is a growth-oriented company that has earned a leadership position in the steel processing industry. Their products support a broad base of industry segments throughout North America and play a critical role in the supply chain. Our client’s success is directly due to a strong company culture based on teamwork, collaboration and continuous improvement. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and progressive IT Team!
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for support of Microsoft Windows server and application systems in a mixed infrastructure model, including both IAAS-managed and locally-managed environments.
- Primary responsibilities include Systems Administration, Quality Control, Security, and project management functions.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for incident resolution and root cause analysis.
- Work with infrastructure teams, application teams, business teams, and service providers to ensure solid designs and solution to maintain secure and highly available systems.
- Provide technical expertise and support to internal teams. Serve as technical coordinator for systems management and related requests. Manage deliverables through the help of internal team members, technology vendors, and IT strategic partners, including the IAAS team.
- Work in conjunction with IAAS team to recommend and implement server software maintenance, patching, and performance tuning to ensure optimal performance and availability
- Create support documentation and end-user documentation for applications, systems, and business processes.
- Design, test, implement, and document disaster recovery solutions.
- Maintains an accurate record of hardware and software inventory.
- Coordinate updates, outages, maintenance windows, and other potential service impacting activities that could disrupt the availability of critical systems.
- Work in conjunction with IAAS team to support Microsoft Windows server environments.
- Manage project task and deliverables that are assigned to your area. Effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Develops and updates documentation related to Sarbanes-Oxley and change control.
- Performs Sarbanes-Oxley key control security audits and reviews findings with management.
- Performs all security administration functions for packaged application software and server environments.
- Leads and/or participates in project-planning sessions to analyze development requirements and to provide design recommendations for complex infrastructures.
- 4+ years of telecommunications experience (voice and data).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems. Additional comparable experience may be substituted for degree.
- Operating systems experience (Windows, LINUX, AS/400). Formal education may be substituted with experience and training.
- A solid working knowledge of the Windows Operating System, including but not limited to Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server management and Microsoft best-practices is required.
- Experience with Microsoft utilities and scripting technologies, such as PowerShell, and other 3rd party software tools is beneficial.
- Design and implementation of an Active Directory environment across two domains, focusing on cross-domain functionality, GPO driven policies, and user/group management.
- Comprehensive understanding of Active Directory security controls and their effective implementation is required.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, GPOs, and operating system troubleshooting.
- Critical-thinking and superior problem solving/troubleshooting skills required.