TCI has an immediate need for a SCCM Administrator in Boston, MA or Carson, CA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
TCI is offering an excellent contract opportunity with our Department of Defense client in Boston, MA or Carson, CA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The SCCM Administrator will support the organization by providing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) administration. The qualified candidate will join a team that is responsible for the administration, maintenance, monitoring and support of computing operations.
- The primary responsibilities of this position will be patch management, client imaging, inventory/reporting, and application deployments through SCCM.
- Deploy and implement enhancements that will improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of the systems.
- Internal and external client facing responsibilities with remote and onsite support as many sites have distribution points.
- Tier III / High-Level Support for Ops Team on a 24/7 basis.
- Design / Develop Operational Processes to Maintain Enterprise-Level (10K+ End-Points) Desktops in Active Directory.
- Design / Develop PowerShell Scripts for Automation of Operational Process, where appropriate.
- Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis according to Information Security policy. Includes Servers and Endpoints.
- Develop and execute on enterprise workstation imaging / deployment methodology.
- Develop and execute on plan for increasing overall desktop platform optimization and standardization.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform.
- Manage Group policies related to computer objects including review of existing policies and proposed changes.
- Create and Manage application deployment objects for new and existing software.
- Assist with the creation of the Distribution Points (starting with making sure that all the pre-requisites are met before the creation, i.e. Firewall settings, Rights, Roles and Features, etc. and them making it a DP and then distributing all the needed content).
- Monitoring the status of all the DPs and coordinating with the LAN Admins if DPs were unreachable\unavailable.
- Assist LAN Admins with install/upgrade issues related to SCCM on all models.
- Assist with creating Boundary and Boundary Groups.
- Assist LAN Admins with setting DHCP scope options
- Work with network team on any communication issues related to content distribution.
- Establish and maintain self-provisioning pool of applications.
- Create / Update Systems Documentation and Operations Standards / Procedures.
- ACAS Reporting and remediation.
- STIG Compliance and implementation
- 3-5 years of relevant and progressive IT experience with SCCM Administration.
- Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist.
- Must have an active CompTia Security+CE Certification.
- Must possess a second industry related certification including (MCSA Sql Server, MCSA Windows Server 2012, or MCTS - Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager).