TCI has an immediate need for a Systems Support Engineer 4 in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of extension. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI Poly.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA as a Systems Support Engineer 4. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- May document engineering processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Researches, organizes, writes, edits and produces original technical documentation.
- Develops, organizes and delivers technical training programs, related materials and/or interactive courseware for customer training.
- Plans, designs, implements and maintains computer/web-based training modules.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field with 8 years relevant experience required.
- Associates Degree or commercial electronics course, and at least 10 years relevant experience required.
- 4+ years' technical writing or technical training.
- TS/SCI clearance is required.
PREFFERED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication and management skills are required, as well as the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with government customers and other contractors.
- Experience in systematic and iterative methods of developing training using Instructional System Design (ISD) or ADDIE.
- Experience in development and conduct of virtual training (i.e. webinars)
- Experience in development, management, and conduct of computer based training using commercial tools such as Adobe Captivate. This includes developing and incorporating audio scripts for narration and adding interaction with target audience.
- Experience reviewing, updating and editing technical manuals and procedures using either Word or Framemaker.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, Microsoft Office Visio, Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe Dreamweaver (preferred), Adobe Frame maker.
- Facilitate communication of technical and business information between organizations and within work group.
- Results oriented – experience with quick react contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a process focus.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation of test data, and system performance using MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions among functional groups (Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering and others) is a key success factor.
- Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills demonstrated by related work experience.
- 9/80 Work schedule