TCI has an immediate need for a Cobol Programmer in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus as Cobol Programmer. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Cobol Programmer provides support in specialized technology areas such as: Level 3 support including root cause analysis, problem resolution, application and system monitoring, research, and project development.
- The Cobol Programmer will participate as a member of a development team.
- Performs basic analysis of functional requirements.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Prepares and executes unit tests under supervision.
- Applies growing technical knowledge to maintain a technology area.
- Acts as a team member by providing information, analysis, and recommendations in support of team efforts.
- 2-3 years of experience with Cobol development or a combination of experience and education.
- Experience using web technologies like Mainframe COBOL/JCL.
- Application development foundation and general analytical skills.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online