TCI has an immediate need for a Java Developer in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus as a Java Developer. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Java Developer provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- The Software Developer / Java Developer will assist with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
- Support user training, as required.
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
- Contribute to technical presentations.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- 3+ years of software development experience using Java.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience using Red Hat/Lynx.
- Application development foundation and general analytical skills.
- Understanding of object oriented programming and development.
- Must possess a current Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transferring security clearances.
- Must currently possess a CompTia Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online