Jr Network Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a Jr. Network Administrator (CCNA) in Ft Knox, KY. This is a long term contract opportunity with probability of extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence due to the DoD Secret Security Clearance requirement.
Our Client is seeking a Cisco Network Administrator primarily responsibility for the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army Recruiting Command Services (RSN) network. VPN troubleshooting experience is a must. This Team provides 24X7 support for all RSN communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on-call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Candidate will be expected understand communication solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization.
- Is responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for the implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services.
- Is responsible for the documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Can work independently on most efforts.
- 1 – 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Design Professional is required.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP
- Have an In-depth understanding of software installation and operations
- Working experience on data communication equipment - Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, ATM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Development, deployment, problem identification and remediation, and on-going support of a very large WAN Environment
- Experience with Fiber Optics, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks
- Provide engineering planning and management support
- Determine optimal routing through the network
- Determine appropriate circuit types and capacities
- Develop conceptual solutions for migration from an ATM core backbone to a MPLS-based infrastructure
- Candidate must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to get one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTia Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online