TCI has an immediate need for a Linux Systems Engineer in Fort Knox, KY. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires US Citizenship due to the Secret Security Clearance that is required.
We are offering an excellent contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus as a Linux Systems Engineer. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing comprehensive Linux administration in an enterprise environment. The selected candidate must be able to implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- The Linux Systems Engineer will Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Linux architecture.
- Perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems; work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task.
- Train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, and problem isolation.
- Develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow.
- 3 years of technical experience as a Linux Systems Administrator in an enterprise environment.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable.
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Extensive Shell scripting experience is required.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- Must have a CompTIA Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with this as necessary.
- A secondary industry related certification is required (Red Hat, Linux+, Solaris, etc.).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online