Mid Level System Administrator (NOC)
TCI has an immediate need for a Mid Level System Administrator (NOC) at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
This position is primarily responsible for monitoring tools installation, configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army enterprise, Data Centers, Recruiting Command Services (RSN) and North America South East (NASE) networks. All work must be completed on-site at Ft. Knox. This position is for the Services Monitoring Center (SMC) which will work hand in hand with the Network Operation Center (NOC). Candidate provides monitoring, support and reporting on the availability of infrastructure and services at locations to include; Ft. Knox, Army Enterprise Data Centers (AEDC), Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites, or external customer sites.\
- Provides the Tier 2 infrastructure monitoring functions needed to proactively predict service degradation or re-actively identify and respond to service interruptions
- Installs, configures and supports a variety of monitoring tools to isolate faults
- Coordinates recovery responses by technical support teams from service degradation or outage until restoration
- Provides real-time or near real-time reports and dashboards to ensure senior leadership are aware of all service interruptions and the actions being taken to recover to normal operating parameters
- Develops Service Level Agreement (SLA) type reports relating to infrastructure which hosts managed services
- Measures and predictively reports on the capacity of exhaustible computing resources (i.e., server processors, server memory, hard drive storage space, space for backups)
- Assesses end-user experience for customer-facing IT services and websites
- Interfaces with the NOC and Service Desk to ensure cross-team coordination of service interruptions is communicated, tracked, and closed out when resolved
- Mentors development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Candidate will be expected to facilitate and coordinate solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization. Is responsible for assisting with the evaluating and analyzing the performance of services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for assisting with the implementation of control and monitoring systems to help in the evaluation of performance of communications services. Is responsible for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data. Can work independently on most efforts.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in an enterprise environment.
- Candidate must be able to work 12 hour shifts (3 days on/4 days off rotation).
- Experience developing, implementing and supporting Application Performance Management and Synthetic monitoring products.
- Experience developing, implementing and supporting event collector, correlation and notification products.
- Experience developing, implementing and supporting server, network, database, and other infrastructure monitoring products.
- Knowledge and experience of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of Perl, Windows/Linux Scripting.
- Knowlegde network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP.
- Very strong working experience with Fiber Optics, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment • Working experience on data communication equipment – Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, TAM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to start. TCI will facilitate transfers and/or Clearance applications.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science field is strongly preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online