NOC Support Analyst
TCI has an immediate need for a NOC Analyst at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. Multiple positions are available. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The NOC Engineer will be part of a team that is primarily responsible for the Services Monitoring Center which will work hand in hand with the Network Operation Center (NOC). Duties include monitoring, management, support and maintenance of the client’s Enterprise Data Centers located in Ft. Knox, KY.
- Provide monitoring, support and reporting on the availability of infrastructure and services at our clients enterprise site, Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites, or external customer sites.
- Coordinating and reporting on recovery of infrastructure and technology services from service degradation or outage until restoration.
- Measuring and predictively reporting on the capacity of exhaustible computing resources (i.e., server processors, server memory, hard drive storage space, space for backups).
- Assessing end-user experience for customer-facing IT services and websites.
- Interfacing with the NOC and Service Desk to ensure cross-team coordination of service interruptions is communicated, tracked, and closed out when resolved.
- Building and utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Facilitate and coordinate solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization.
- Responsible for assisting with the evaluating and analyzing the performance of services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Responsible for assisting with the implementation of control and monitoring systems to help in the evaluation of performance of communications services.
- Responsible for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in an enterprise environment.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- Previous experience supporting Application Performance Management and Synthetic monitoring products.
- Experience supporting event collector, correlation and notification products.
- Experience supporting server, network, database, and other infrastructure monitoring products.
- Knowledge and experience of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful APIs, data aggregation, Reporting Development and customization of performance scripts.
- Knowledge and experience with Splunk/Elasticsearch/Kibana queries, apps, reporting, and dashboards.
- Understanding of Perl, Windows/Linux Scripting.
- Understanding of Java, XML Apache/Tomcat/Web Services.
- Individual must be fully capable of addressing all levels of trouble calls or network events.
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP.
- Very strong working experience with Fiber Optics, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Gateway, DTE & DCE equipment.
- Working experience on data communication equipment – Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Tester, TAM Tester, optical power meter, etc.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will facilitate transfers and/or Clearance applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online