Senior Mainframe Systems Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Mainframe Systems Administrator at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Senior Mainframe Systems Administrator will be responsible for accomplishing and performing installation and maintenance of applications in support of the Military Enterprise, Datacenters, Application and Web Infrastructure.
- Responsible for providing Mainframe Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Must be able to provide installation and configuration of IBM and third party mainframe software. This includes software from multiple vendors.
- Be able to code required exits to third party software and maintain required software patches.
- Propagate third party software across multiple mainframe environments (DEV, TEST, PROD).
- Implement vendor supplied fixes. Provide 24x7x365 support to the end user community for the mainframe system software.
- Must be able to implement and maintain a secure environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines Install and maintain the following software environments: VTAM, APPN, SMPE/E, TPX, FTP SNMP, SMTP, TCPIP and MVS.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience including experience in administrating system software projects.
- 2 years of experience in monitoring and maintaining project schedules
- Must have experience with the installation of IBM z/OS operating system (2.1 or later).
- Must have led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
- Must possess an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s Information Technology (IT) environment.
- Candidate must currently possess a DoD Secret Security clearance or have the ability to get obtain one prior to start.
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain Security+ certification prior to start.
- Secondary certification relative to the Computing Environment (IBM System z and zOS Fundamentals Mastery) is required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online