Software Engineer III
TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer III in Clifton, NJ. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity with intent to hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Clifton, NJ as a Software Engineer 3. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Perform research, design, development and integration activities of software components in multi-tier architectures including Java frameworks.
- Apply the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Perform design and code peer reviews on software components
- Develop and direct software system testing procedures, programming and documentation
- Identify, track, and repair defects
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Math) or equivalent and 3+ years’ experience.
- Experience with Web development and core Java.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of design, implementation and testing of large software systems.
- Experience with java development, build, and test tools is required.
- Familiarity with code and process management tools such as Git, Code Collaborator, JIRA, and SVN.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, H2.
- Very desirable experience and knowledge includes SmartGWT, Java Messaging Service, Java Persistence API (JPA), Hibernate, and Jetty.
- Experience working in an agile software development project is a plus.
- This position requires a Secret Security Clearance.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online