Sr Remedy Systems Engineer RFQ-75077
TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Remedy Systems Engineer at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Sr. Remedy Systems Engineer will participate in the engineering, design, creation and maintenance of our clients Incident Management System. This role is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and report development to ensure accurate and appropriate use of the system and data. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall planning for the organization. This position supports the implementation of system enhancements that improve the reliability and performance of the system. Additionally, the individual will work directly with system users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Plan, design, configure and troubleshoot Remedy application.
- Monitor system performance to ensure growth of the system is capable in the existing environment.
- Write queries and reports for executives and daily management.
- Manage database space, capacity planning, and performance tuning functions.
- Perform consistency checks, archiving, develop/maintain indexing and retrieval functionality; resolve replication issues and manage database sizing/space management functions.
- Monitor software to verify support of any applicable service levels.
- Coordinate software upgrades with toolsets and network operating systems to verify appropriate compatibility, integration, and cross-functional usage.
- Install upgrades and patches; manage user accounts.
- Perform data conversions, import data from other sources, index rebuilds, and other functions related to system/database administration.
- Diagnose performance issues and performance tuning.
- Under minimal direction, leads project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for projects.
- Facilitates the development of project solutions to be used for planning, scheduling and tracking projects through integration of various project management tools.
- Contributes to project estimation process. Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project. Integrates and uses specific industry methodologies (such as systems development, product development, and so forth).
- Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements.
- Controls project requirements, scope and change management issues.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria in accordance with organization’s ITIL, ISO, CMMI and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Manages changes in operational plan. Assists in the training of the project team on application of procedures.
- Under takes status review meetings among project team members and clients. Coaches and advises team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules and resolve technical/operational issues.
- 5+ years of advanced technical experience in an Enterprise environment using Remedy.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Four years of additional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Subject matter expert (SME) with complete understanding and working knowledge of the following BMC products: Remedy Service Management suite (IT service management) version 9 or higher, CMDB, Automated Discovery & Dependency Mapping and Atrium integrator.
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience with BMC’s ITSM suite, CMDB and ADDM.
- Have experience with managing, building and implementing at least three (3) CMDB projects with other organizations (provide references).
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Candidate must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to get one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTia Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to consideration. TCI will assist with this as necessary.
- Prior Military experience is a plus.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online