Test Engineer II
TCI has an immediate need for a Systems Integration Test Engineer in Rome, NY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rome, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
Software Test Engineers are instrumental in the software development lifecycle and are highly valued. You will join a team developing and maintaining an industry-leading cross-domain guarding solution that has been deployed at over 80 Government and Military installations worldwide. The sharing of data across security domains is critical to our nation’s ability to maintain information superiority. A cross-domain guarding solution facilitates the sharing of data from one security domain to another. It also ensures the integrity of the data, guards against unauthorized access and malicious cyber-attacks, filters data and assists with a human review of the data being transferred.
The Software Test Engineer candidate will join the Agile Scrum team and contribute to the development and maintenance of a moderately complex software code base comprising the cross-domain solution and supporting components.
- Designing, developing and executing software tests (both automated and manual).
- Developing and executing test strategy, and logging and tracking defects on software.
- This role is highly focused on quality through strict attention to detail and communicating project status to leadership and team members.
- Whole system test set-up and execution.
- Writing automated tests using an array of programming languages.
- Formal software test functions such as developing test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Work closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or other related fields and 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong development/scripting skills in common languages such as Java, C/C++, PERL, Bash, etc.
- Experience executing and analyzing automated test results.
- Experience with test automation (Jenkins or other workflow management).
- Troubleshooting and triaging root cause identification and resolution.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Unix variants.
- System administration and networking skills, able to demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as FTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- This role requires not only application knowledge, but also system knowledge in how all components work together, and technical knowledge to perform preliminary troubleshooting.
- Experience developing and implementing SW test and qualification plans.
- Network interface and test experience.
- Must have object oriented programming experience (Java preferred).
- Previous Agile SW Development / Continuous Integration experience.
- Good working knowledge of the Linux operating system including scripting, configuration, security settings.
- Good working knowledge of computer system architecture (processors, memory structures, computer interfaces, and network interfaces).
- Self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Agile development processes.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies.
- Knowledge of test automation tools.
- Experience with GIT, Maven, and Eclipse.
- Windows, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux administration knowledge.
- Email, FTP, Web-Services protocol knowledge.
- PEN testing experience or certification.
- Knowledge of cross-domain guard technology.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online