Tier II Service Desk
TCI has an immediate need for a Tier II Service Desk in Ft. Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
We are offering an excellent Contract-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Tier II Service Desk will assist staff with technical support of computers, applications and related technology.
- As a member of the helpdesk team, the candidate will be responsible for responding to and diagnosing problems through discussions with remote users at Ft. Knox and other facilities.
- This may include problem recognition, account/password resets, and website familiarization training to the users.
- Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- The position utilizes one-on-ne consultancy to end users and Network staff. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from users.
- Must be able to interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Provide over the top customer service.
- Minimum two years of technical experience in an enterprise helpdesk or desktop support role Prior Army or Army Recruiting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards a must
- Secondary certification relative to the Computing Environment (A+, Microsoft)
- Skills/Abilities: People skills, team player, strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Basic Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Must be knowledgeable with the concepts and policy controls of Active Directory
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
- Must currently possess a DoD Secret Security clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a CompTia Security+ certification prior to start.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online